- A child cut their gluestick up with their scissors. Another one cut up all their twistable crayons with theirs. Scissors seem to be a problem.
- 'Ms. Konig - he karate chopped me and I didn't want him to.'... 'Well, he wrestled me and I didn't want him to do that.'... 'So what happened exactly?'... 'He wants to play karate and I want to wrestle.'
- 'Teacher, Teacher - she poked me really hard with her pencil'...'No I didn't, well, only because he showed me how sharp his pencil was on my finger and I was showing him how sharp my pencil was.'
- 2 of my kids used up entire bottles of hand sanitizer in the course of a day, washing their hands, feet, knees, desks, and more with the contents of their bottles. Augh! Why I only catch these antics after they have occurred, I don't know. All hand sanitizers have now been confiscated and are being saved for when they are actually needed.
- 'Teacher - he said my picture looks like a baby picture'... 'Only because she told me my picture looked like a baby drew it.'
- I sent homework for both the parents and the kids for the first time, and told the kids that they were only to do one page, and to tell their parents that they should read the note explaining which days to complete the homework. Three came back the next day with the whole pack completed...'Mom said that if she had to do homework, I did too.'
- 3 of my kids decided to give themselves haircuts with the scissors their parents so kindly sent in as part of the school supplies. We had to have a lengthy class discussion about what supplies can be used for.
- 2 children disobeyed in a big way, and lost their recess privileges for a week... the first day, I had them draw me pictures after they spent 10 minutes crying, and they drew pictures of themselves crying buckets of tears. When they ran out of space on the paper, they asked for more, and when I said they could use the back, they drew themselves crying again!
- 'Class, how do we sit on the carpet?'... Chorus of 'Criss-cross applesauce, hands in our lap, eyes forward'... while still standing, facing the wrong way, and busy playing with others. Hmmm...
Well, I am sure that that is not a comprehensive list of events that have occurred and made me chuckle in the last three weeks of Kindergarten! But I hope you enjoyed what I did remember and manage to get down!
And because I hate to leave you without any pictures... check out the fantastic cake that was brought in for one of the two birthdays that we celebrated in class this week!